We are so excited to be partnering with Choose Local & Small Y’all for the We Choose Hope campaign. We need your help to make it a success and make a big impact in the lives of children and families in need. The We Choose Hope campaign has three phases and lots of ways you can help.
Phase 1: Heroes for Hope
So many economically disadvantaged children in Garner have fallen behind academically and are below grade level in reading and math. COVID-19 widened that achievement gap. We need you to sponsor a child and help them catch back up to grade level. The COHM after school tutoring program provides transportation to the program, tutoring by teachers, snacks, safety and food boxes for the families.
Most importantly students are supported in a safe, structured classroom environment with the same caring teachers every day. This is a tremendous opportunity for Community of Hope and our partners to fill the huge gap in learning for vulnerable children and families in our community.
Our “Hope League” is recruiting new heroes and we are looking for local businesses and community members to be Heroes for Hope. We are looking for heroes to help sponsor children in the after school program. A gift of $150 will prevent hunger, isolation and instability for the most vulnerable children in our area. When you sponsor a child you will get your picture taken holding and will be announced on social media.
Phase 2: Local Business Food Drives
August 1-September 29
Did you know that Community of Hope has not missed one regular food pantry distribution day during the pandemic? We have been blessed to be able to meet the growing need in our community but need your help to keep our shelves stocked. We are partnering with local businesses to collect food for our food pantry. Each business is collecting a specific item that is in need.
Feel free to drop off food at any of the following businesses:
- Alossi Renewal Spa – Dry Beans
- Aristotle Spirits – Mac and cheese
- Aversboro Coffee – Rice
- Aversboro Restaurant – Canned fruit and veggies
- Charles Ashley Mann, DDS & Associates – Garner location – Canned fruit and veggies
- Fidelity Bank – Cereal
- Garner Appliance & Mattress – Pancake mix
- Garner Fire Rescue (All stations and administrative office) – Boxed meal packages
- Garner Police Department – Peanut butter
- Gear Up – Dry beans
- Karen Bloom Travel – Canned veggies
- Lights Unlimited – Peanut butter
- MoonRunners Saloon – Canned tuna or chicken
- Plant Slant Juice – Oatmeal
- Rush Hour Karting – Crackers
- Studio 121 – Grits
- Tavern on the Green – Cereal
- Unforgettable Food Affairs – Rice
- White Oak Pharmacy – Pasta and pasta sauce
- Zin Yoga Studio and Wine Lounge – Grits
Phase 3: Cash Mob
Wednesday, September 29 – 12:00-5:30pm
Choose Local & Small Y’all has been organizing cash mobs to help support local businesses. The goal of the cash mob is to organize a day for people to visit a local business and support them by spending money at their business. On August 31st they are shaking-up their business cash mob by mobbing Community of Hope! From 12:00-5:30pm, you can drop off non-perishable food items at First Baptist Church of Garner. You can also “drop-off” a monetary donation (cash, check, or credit card). You can also give online through Facebook on the Community of Hope Facebook page. Any food donation or monetary donation of $20 or more gets an entry slip into our raffle basket sponsored by Choose Local and Small Y’all.
Here is what we can do with your monetary donation:
- $25 = Fresh fruit for snacks for 1 after school student for 1 week
- $60 = One food box for an after school family with a week’s worth of groceries
- $150 = Sponsor the after school tuition for a student for one week
- $170 = Sponsor the tuition of a summer camper for one week of summer camp
- $200 = One year subscription to an online learning application (like Learning A- Z) for 80 after school students
- $250 = Purchase an entire pallet of meat from the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- $450 = Sponsor the tuition of a family for summer camp for one week
We want you to choose hope
The past couple of years have been a rough many of us, but in spite of all of that we are choosing hope. Our hope is that you will partner with us to spread hope and the love of Christ to those in need in our community.