Camp Good Hope Summer Camp is a fun, Christ-centered full-day summer camp. Each day you will have the opportunity to help build, train, and encourage children through lots of fun activities. Proverbs 22:6 tells us, Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Our counselors have the opportunity to be a part of a life-changing camp that is helping train up the next generation!
This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for overseeing a group of campers.
Minimum requirements of a counselor at Camp Good Hope:
- Has a desire to work with children (rising 1st-7th grade)
- Plan/lead activities and devotions with groups of children
- Help with set-up and clean up of camp activities and events
- Responsible for the safety of our campers
- Be full of energy and excitement
- Encourage respect and cooperation among campers
- Exhibit a Christ like attitude and help direct the campers’ attention to the glory of God
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work under stressful conditions on a regular basis
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the mission of Community of Hope Ministries
- Attend all training sessions
- Active and engaged participation in all camp activities
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Applications are due by Friday, February 28, 2020.